A few days ago I was left a comment reading “I’ve nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award”. Whaaaat? I don’t know you and I don’t know what this is. After checking out her blog (By the way- thanks Sweet Spell Bakeshop!), I realized that this was just a friendly gesture, a random act of kindness. At first I wasn’t going to pass it on because I didn’t think too much of it. But I realized that it had brought a smile to my face and considering it was a completely harmless act, I should keep it going. People so frequently use the internet for cruelty, to pass on judgements they would never dream of saying in person. To call out people they don’t even know. Which is dumb. But it happens. So why should I break the chain of something positive that’s circling around? That is why I’m continuing this.
Thank you to Sweet Spell Bakeshop for nominating me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award.
According to this whole deal, I’m supposed to do the following things:
- Link back to the blogger who nominated me
- Post the blog award image on my page
- Tell 7 facts about myself.
- Nominate 15 other blogs and let the nominees know they have been chosen.
Here’s 7 Things About Me:
1. Cupcakes aren’t my favorite. I love oatmeal raisin cookies. And cheesecake.
2. If my job required me to sit at a desk all day, I would fail miserably.
3. I have a library card. And use it frequently.
4. I can’t stand the taste of coffee, but I love the smell. Sometimes I go down the coffee grounds aisle at the store just for the smell.
5. I love Wheel of Fortune. I’m pretty good at it, too.
6. I’m on a mission to travel the world. Off to a slow start though.
7. I’m a sucker for BBQ. Brisket, onions, and sauce…all I need.
I don’t know 15 other bloggers. But I will list the ones I do know, because they are amazing people and strong influences in my life.
Well I knew I didn’t have 15, but I thought I had more than 4!! Regardless, do something nice for someone today. Be the reason a stranger smiles. And have a GREAT weekend!